Pages

Monday 28 March 2011

Beef Stroganoff

Now that the clocks have gone forward we have the chance to work in the garden if we get back from work on time. Today we concentrated on tidying the frond garden. Three large recycling sacks of pruning and one small bag of rubbish (how did that crumpet get there??) we were ready for supper. It had to be something warming and quick and this fitted the bill.

Ingredients (for 3)

250g of thinly cut steak cut into strips
250g chestnut mushrooms (sliced)
1 medium onion (thinly sliced into half moons)
1 clove of garlic (crushed)
1 tub (c250ml) sour cream
Small bunch of dill finely chopped
1 teaspoon oak smoked paprika
1 teaspoon of caraway seeds
knob of butter
1 teaspoon of olive oil
salt and pepper
Plain boiled rice and steamed greens to serve

Fry the onions in the butter until softened then add the mushrooms, garlic, paprika and caraway seeds. Fry until softened. Fry the steak in a separate pan in the olive oil for 2-3 minutes then add to the onion and mushrooms. Add the sour cream, the dill and season. Warm through briefly and serve with the rice and greens.

For a vegetarian option add stacks more mushrooms.

2 comments:

  1. NIce! On my endless to do list is to use my pasta maker to make a bunch of pasta. I then want to make batches of sauce. I then want to Seal-A-Meal them into bags that I can mix and match when I want a fast, yet yummy, meal after toiling in the backyard. Like you, I am digging the extra daylight to get stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Guys. I've never eaten this meal before. Does look good. So many fun things to try now that I'm eating meats.

    ReplyDelete