Pages

Monday 25 February 2013

Bangers and Mash - With A Twist

It's cold still and we needed something warming inside us - Liz after a hard day at work me just from popping down the shed to feed the garden birds! Serves two or three.

Ingredients
6 nice meaty sausages (I used Waitrose Pork, Apricot and Ginger)
1/2 Red Cabbage - shredded
1 Medium Onion - finely sliced
8 Soft Dried Apricots - halved
100ml Cider
1 tblsp Vegetable Oil

Gently fry the sausages in the oil until they are coloured on all sides. Add the onion and continue frying for a few minutes until the soften. Add the red cabbage and the apricots and stir. Add the cider, season then cover and cook on a low heat for ten minutes or until the vegetables and the sausages are cooked.

Serve with plenty of creamy mashed potatoes with a decent mustard and a glass of cider.


1 comment:

  1. So great to see you posting again. I love ginger and peach and darn it, I never thought about switching out the peach for apricot. Just bought apricots too, so now I'll have to give them a go in a bake with ginger.

    Thanks for the inspiration.

    PS: I'm watching my salt right now so no bangers for me :-(

    ReplyDelete